Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mom's 50th Birthday!!!!!!

My mom celebrated her 50th birthday this year on January 5th! So obviously that meant that we just had to rub it in. My brother made some wood crosses to put out in the front yard and my dad painted some different sayings on them. This is what they said, "1960-2010", "Dearly Departed", "Died of Old Age", and "RIP". I also made a sign that said, "Honk Pam is 50!" and we hung it up on the garage for everyone to see. On the Friday before her birthday we all went out to eat at the Texas Roadhouse. After dinner we came back to our apartment for cake and ice cream. Dan and I had spent all afternoon making a special cake for her. Let me first give you some background for why we decided to make the cake that we did. I absolutly love the TV show Cake Boss. On the show they make some amazing cakes, so I thought that it wouldn't be too hard to make a cake for my mom's birthday. Boy was I wrong. It took us about 4 1/2 hours to make this cake and it looked so terrible. We tried making an old lady sitting on a wheelchair going "over the hill". We used rice krispie treats for the body, the hill, and the wheelchair and oreas for the wheels. We left it sitting on the table while we went to eat at the restaurant and when we got back the head had almost fallen off. Anyways, we had a wonderful time together and the cake was a hit, we were all laughing so hard! I hope you enjoy the pictures.





















4 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow. I can't believe she's 50! That's crazy. Looks like the cake was awesome and I love the lawn and sign. Looks like she had a wonderful birthday! :)

The Rigbys said...

What an awesome birthday! It looks like you had a blast putting it all together. I think you are quite talented at cake decorating! By the way I love the front yard.

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

This is so awesome! Although it makes me really glad we aren't 50 yet. Awesome job, Mandy Pandy!

Stacey said...

Hey thanks for the good luck on the race. I definatly can use a running buddy! I go to the gym 3-4 times a week but I need to start running outside soon. Running on a treadmill verses outside is way different! So let me know what your schedule is like and when it gets slightly warmer we'll get together. I suck at running, just FYI! :)