Monday, September 21, 2009

Fishing Tales

On Labor Day weekend Dan and I went camping and tested out our new float tubes. We decided we wanted to try out Tony Grove lake. Although we didn't have any luck we still had a lot of fun. The next day we decided to do one of our favorite types of fishing...river fishing. Dan decided that instead of the regular live bait (nightcrawlers) that we bring, that he wanted some other 'natural' live bait. I can almost guarantee that you will laugh at this....so while we were at our campsite we each grabbed a 2x4 and starting running around chasing grasshoppers. I'm sure we looked real funny running around smacking the ground with these 2x4's! Once we had our bait we went to test it out. For all the trouble we went through, you think we would have caught at least one fish with a grasshopper...well you guessed it-we didn't catch any with our 'natural' live bait.

Dan and I absolutely love fishing together but we never have very good luck....although we sure do have fun with each other and always walk away some crazy fishing stories and some great memories.





2 comments:

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

I love it. Not gutting fish though. I love knowing you guys are still married and alive out there. Livin it up. Good luck with school again.
Say hi to Dan! Call me sometime. I will do the same. YOur lbog is cute!

Britnie said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Hope you guys are doing well!